August 15, 2020
The Wausau Walk to END EPILEPSY is a fun, inspirational and healthy fundraising event with music and entertainment for friends, family, corporations and organizations celebrating their fundraising success and support for the epilepsy community. Funds raised are for much needed research, programs, services and awareness about epilepsy. People from all over Central Wisconsin converge on Marathon Park each Summer as they take steps to END EPILEPSY.
why we walk. it's more than a walk. it matters because...
- 65 MILLION: Number of people around the world who have epilepsy.
- 3.4 MILLION: Number of people in the United States who have epilepsy.
- 1 IN 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy at some point in their lifetime.
- BETWEEN 4 AND 10 OUT OF 1,000: Number of people on earth who live with active seizures at any one time.
- 150,000: Number of new cases of epilepsy in the United States each year
- ONE-THIRD: Number of people with epilepsy who live with uncontrollable seizures because no available treatment works for them.
- 6 OUT OF 10: Number of people with epilepsy where the cause is unknow
walk with us on August 15, 2020
at Marathon Park Wausau, Wisconsin
Registration begins at 10:00 am
Walk begins at 11:00 am
Lunch provided by Hardee’s at 12:00 pm
Raffle prizes and awards to follow
There is no cost to Walk to END EPILEPSY
To start your team and register click below
thank you to our statewide sponsor marshfield Clinic
If you have questions or would like more information on The Epilepsy Foundation of Wisconsin please call us at 833-890-2277