Wisconsin Virtual Walk
June 15, 2020 through June 20, 2020
The fight to END EPILEPSY starts with us…let’s walk together to END EPILEPSY
June 15, 2020
June 16, 2020
madison & Janesville
June 17, 2020
wausau & Stevens Point
June 18, 2020
APpleton & Green Bay
June 19, 2020
June 20, 2020
We are walking virtually to END EPILEPSY
Let's Do This Together
Out of abundance of caution, we have made the difficult decision to forego our in-person Walk to END EPILEPSY events and instead we are hosting a Virtual Walk in these locations throughout the state…
Monday, June 15, 2020 in Eau Claire at 5PM CST via Zoom/Facebook Live.
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 in Madison and Janesville at 5PM CST via Zoom/Facebook Live.
Wednesday, June 17, 2020 in Wausau at 5PM CST via Zoom/Facebook Live.
Thursday, June 18, 2020 in Appleton at 5PM CST via Zoom/Facebook Live.
Friday, June 19, 2020 in Milwaukee at 5PM CST via Zoom/Facebook Live.
Saturday, June 20, 2020 STATEWIDE CELEBRATION at 10AM CST via Zoom/Facebook Live.
As always, the health and well-being of Epilepsy Foundation event participants, volunteers, staff and partners, as well as the greater STATE community, remains our top priority. Weighing heavily into this decision was our ongoing commitment to overall wellness and safety to those we serve.
While we are disappointed, we won’t be seeing you in person we are excited to be hosting this Virtual Walk to END EPILEPSY – and we hope you are, too! We know you have some questions about this Virtual Walk, and what this means in regards to your participation and fundraising. Please find more details, see below and under our frequently asked questions
Meet our sponsors
Statewide platinum sponsors
Statewide Gold Sponsors
1 in 10
will have a SEIZURE in their lifetime
1 in 26
will be DIAGNOSED with epilepsy
individuals NATIONWIDE are affected by epilepsy
FUNDING than other brain disorders
More information about our virtual walks
- Will this event be rescheduled?
Unfortunately, given the size and scope of the event, we are unable to reschedule the in-person 2020 event. That being said, we are still hosting this event as a Virtual Walk, and hope you’ll join us!
Join us via computer or mobile device for our Virtual Walks outlined above and/or our week end celebration.
Zoom Events and Final Celebration Ceremony Highlights:
- Large prize give-a-ways for all attendees.
- Awards for every event.
- Meet our Executive Director and learn about our initiatives and programs.
- Be motivated by stories of hope from our epilepsy community.
- Find out about our awesome prizes and how you can win.
- Learn about epilepsy and make a difference.
Here are some FAQs on how to join a Zoom Meeting – it’s super easy: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663-Joining-a-meeting-by-phone
- What is a Virtual Walk? A virtual walk is a set date and time where we all will pledge to walk in support of the Epilepsy Foundation. Instead of walking with us in person, you’ll be walking with us in your own neighborhood, on your treadmill, or wherever you choose on the day you choose You have the freedom and choice to join us in whatever capacity you are able! Just be sure to join us for our Celebration Ceremony at 10 am on Saturday, June 20, 2020.
For those that couldn’t attend our Walk to END EPILEPSY – before, now’s the time to join us virtually if you haven’t already!
- How do I sign up to participate in a Virtual Walk? This is easy, click on the zoom link to register to walk, and follow the link to be a virtual walker. The virtual walker registration will be how you create a team and raise money
- What will happen to the funds I’ve already raised?
The funds you’ve raised will be used toward achieving the mission of the Epilepsy Foundation, including epilepsy care, support and research. On behalf of our epilepsy community, please know how much we appreciate your support!
- Can I still fundraise leading up to and beyond Virtual Walk day?
Yes, and we encourage you to! Fundraising will remain open until, 30 days post Virtual Walk.
- How can I fundraise virtually?
Fundraising is still easy, and FUN! You are still able to take advantage of your Virtual walking registration by sending emails, creating a Facebook Fundraiser (if you haven’t already!), and spreading the word to ask for your friends, family and co-workers’ support of the epilepsy community. Phone calls, emails and text messages also go a long way to ask your peers for support.
Can people still register? YES! We encourage it and need their support! Simply follow the virtual walker registration link. It’s still free to register – but individuals who fundraise $50 or more will receive the Event T-Shirt (see question #13 for more information on how to collect T-Shirts). Your friends, family and co-workers can also register directly on your team, or you can create a team
- What does event day look like?
Great question! Since we are now walking virtually, things will be a bit different, but we still have some exciting activities planned!
Instead of walking with us in person, you’ll be walking with us in your own neighborhood, on your treadmill, or wherever you choose – you have the freedom and choice to join us in whatever capacity you are able.
Where can I walk?Anywhere! Trails, treadmills, or wherever you can safely. Get out and get active in your local community. Encourage your family, friends, and fellow epilepsy warriors to do the same. Just be sure to stay safe and follow the [local] Department of Health’s recommendations, as well as the CDC’s Regulations.
- Do you need proof that I actually finished my walk?
No, and there is no need to report any results. We do encourage you, however, to share your experience online by posting photos and videos on our Facebook page, or anywhere on social media using #ENDEPILEPSY and #WalktoENDEPILEPSY!
- How can I let others know I’m participating?
We want to see you in our virtual epilepsy community, walking with us to END EPILEPSY! Be sure to activate your Facebook Frame and download and print out the I Walk For Team Sign! Steps to activate your Facebook Frame below (incorporate steps from above).
Be sure to follow us on social media
- Leading up to and on/after Virtual Walk Day, when and where can I turn donations in?
Donations can be mailed to our Epilepsy Foundation of Wisconsin office at: 41 Park Ridge Drive Ste C Stevens Point, WI 54481
Or you local state office.
- Will I receive my event participant t-shirt?
Yes, participant t-shirts will be mailed to qualifying participants. Any individual that raised $50 or more will receive their official Walk t-shirt!
Please call us directly if additional arrangements are required Kristin Dostal @ 715-952-4143
What if I have other questions? We are here to help! Please contact us at email@example.com
Even in times like this, seizures haven’t stopped…and neither has the fight to End Epilepsy. We truly thank you for your continued support of the Virtual Walk to END EPILEPSY now more than ever!