Walk where you can and when you can
*All in person events will follow federal, state and local safety guidelines. All events will have virtual options to participate from home. Your registrations help us to continue serving individuals affected by epilepsy in Wisconsin. Please remember to register ALL family members. Please register for as many events as you are able, even if you plan on attending virtually and remember you can walk WHEN you want and WHERE you want! Let’s make 2021 the best yet!
Please note: the walks begin May 8th and end August 25th. The registration site does not allow us to list the dates of the events. You will be asked which location you are registering for during the process.
The fight to END EPILEPSY starts with us…let’s walk together to END EPILEPSY
We are walked virtually to END EPILEPSY
Let's Do This Together
Meet our sponsors
Statewide platinum sponsors
Local Platinum Sponsors
1 in 10
will have a SEIZURE in their lifetime
1 in 26
will be DIAGNOSED with epilepsy
individuals NATIONWIDE are affected by epilepsy
FUNDING than other brain disorders
More information about our walks
Join us in person or via computer or mobile device for our Virtual Walks outlined above and/or our week end celebration.
Events and Final Celebration Ceremony Highlights:
- Large prize give-a-ways for all attendees.
- Awards for every event.
- Meet our Executive Director and learn about our initiatives and programs.
- Be motivated by stories of hope from our epilepsy community.
- Find out about our awesome prizes and how you can win.
- Learn about epilepsy and make a difference.
Here are some FAQs on how to join a Zoom Meeting – it’s super easy: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663-Joining-a-meeting-by-phone
- What is a Virtual Walk? A virtual walk is a set date and time where we all will pledge to walk in support of the Epilepsy Foundation. Instead of walking with us in person, you’ll be walking with us in your own neighborhood, on your treadmill, or wherever you choose on the day you choose You have the freedom and choice to join us in whatever capacity you are able!
For those that couldn’t attend our Walk to END EPILEPSY – before, now’s the time to join us virtually if you haven’t already!
- How do I sign up to participate in a Virtual Walk? This is easy, click on the zoom link to register to walk, and follow the link to be a virtual walker. The virtual walker registration will be how you create a team and raise money
- What will happen to the funds I’ve already raised?
The funds you’ve raised will be used toward achieving the mission of the Epilepsy Foundation, including epilepsy care, support and research. On behalf of our epilepsy community, please know how much we appreciate your support!
- Can I still fundraise leading up to and beyond Virtual Walk day?
Yes, and we encourage you to! Fundraising will remain open until, 30 days post Virtual Walk.
- How can I fundraise virtually?
Fundraising is still easy, and FUN! You are still able to take advantage of your Virtual walking registration by sending emails, creating a Facebook Fundraiser (if you haven’t already!), and spreading the word to ask for your friends, family and co-workers’ support of the epilepsy community. Phone calls, emails and text messages also go a long way to ask your peers for support.
Can people still register? YES! We encourage it and need their support! Simply follow the virtual walker registration link. It’s still free to register – but individuals who fundraise $100 or more will receive the Event T-Shirt (see question #13 for more information on how to collect T-Shirts). Your friends, family and co-workers can also register directly on your team, or you can create a team
- What does event day look like?
Great question! Since we are now walking virtually, things will be a bit different, but we still have some exciting activities planned!
Instead of walking with us in person, you’ll be walking with us in your own neighborhood, on your treadmill, or wherever you choose – you have the freedom and choice to join us in whatever capacity you are able.
Where can I walk? Anywhere! Trails, treadmills, or wherever you can safely. Get out and get active in your local community. Encourage your family, friends, and fellow epilepsy warriors to do the same. Just be sure to stay safe and follow the [local] Department of Health’s recommendations, as well as the CDC’s Regulations.
- Do you need proof that I actually finished my walk?
No, and there is no need to report any results. We do encourage you, however, to share your experience online by posting photos and videos on our Facebook page, or anywhere on social media using #ENDEPILEPSY and #WalktoENDEPILEPSY!
- How can I let others know I’m participating?
We want to see you in our virtual epilepsy community, walking with us to END EPILEPSY! Be sure to activate your Facebook Frame and download and print out the I Walk For Team Sign! Steps to activate your Facebook Frame below (incorporate steps from above).
Be sure to follow us on social media
- Leading up to and on/after Virtual Walk Day, when and where can I turn donations in?
Donations can be mailed to our Epilepsy Foundation of Wisconsin office at: 41 Park Ridge Drive Ste C Stevens Point, WI 54481
Or you local state office.
- Will I receive my event participant t-shirt?
Yes, participant t-shirts will be mailed to qualifying participants. Any individual that raised $50 or more will receive their official Walk t-shirt!
Please call us directly if additional arrangements are required Kristin Dostal @ 715-318-8959
What if I have other questions? We are here to help! Please contact us at email@example.com
Even in times like this, seizures haven’t stopped…and neither has the fight to End Epilepsy. We truly thank you for your continued support of the Virtual Walk to END EPILEPSY now more than ever!